- Do you have piles of papers scattered around your house?
- Are you embarrassed when people just “drop by?”
- Do you sometimes dread coming home to all the clutter?
- Do you spend lots of time “looking for things?”
- Have you tried to get more organized in the past only to become frustrated and give up?
- Are your closets “danger zones?”
- Do you have a room you can’t use because it is “storage”?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, let OPT come to the rescue!
In-Home Consultation or Needs Assessment
The needs assessment is more than a survey of an organizing project. We will meet with you to discuss the nature and scope of your project. During this meeting, we will evaluate current conditions and circumstances related to your project, and also evaluate our potential to help you reach your project goals. If we feel we can help you, and if you so desire, we will then develop a project plan. After the plan is complete, we will discuss the project steps with you, and modify the plan as necessary. We will then present you with the revised project plan as the finishing step of our needs assessment.
|Click on daisy to contact OPT about an in-home consultation/needs assessment.|
Residential Hands-on Organizing
We will work side-by-side with you to implement your project plan, and to help you through any implementation difficulties. Our experienced organizers can take what may seem an insurmountable challenge and help you "whittle it down" into manageable steps and build a plan to accomplish your goals.
We specialize in the following areas:
How Organizing Skills Can Enhance Your Life
|Click on daisy to contact OPT to inquire about our organizing services.|
Organizing Workshops and Classes
We offer a number of classes and short seminars to help individuals learn, or hone, basic organizing skills. We also offer instruction and tutoring which can be customized for individual or small group training sessions.
We offer these classes for church groups, homeschool support groups, school districts, MOPS, ladies’ fellowships/clubs, networking groups, libraries, etc. All classes can be signed for deaf individuals.
Our workshops include:
- 6 Steps for Getting, and Staying, Organized
- The Organized Kitchen: the Heart and Hub of Your Home
- Paper Clutter: From Piling to Filing
- Help! I Can't Get My Car in the Garage!
- Organizing Kids' Rooms and Stuff
- Implementing the Freedom Filer® System
- Organizing Your Life with a Planner
- Girls' Night Out Workshop
- Motivating Your Children Through Delight and Discipline
|Click on daisy to inquire about an OPT workshop for your organization.|
We handle a growing line of products that can help you organize your home, office, or other space, and can make the job quicker and easier. Many of these products also are specifically designed to help you sustain the progress you make in getting your spaces organized.
Does clutter control your home? Do you long for order in your life, but never quite achieve it? Let Professional Organizer Cherry Patterson give you six simple and proven tools to help you free yourself from the tyranny of disorganization. Bring a picture of a current organizing problem area in your home and get some great ideas on how to conquer the clutter and replace it with order and harmony.
The Organized Kitchen: the Heart and Hub of Your HomeIs your kitchen overflowing with clutter and difficult to clean and maintain? Do you have to clear the countertops in order to prepare a meal? Good organization can make your time in the kitchen more enjoyable and less of a chore.
Join us as we learn how to:
• Implement a step-by-step process for de-cluttering and organizing your kitchen
• Establish activity centers in your kitchen
• Create a one-week menu plan that will compliment your schedule and delight your family
Bring a picture(s) of your kitchen to evaluate the problems and possibilities.
Are you overwhelmed with paper? Do you keep papers lying all around to ensure you don’t neglect them? Learn simple and effective techniques and hands-on solutions for dealing with a wide variety of paper problems – accumulated bills, pending invitations, unanswered correspondence, “junk” mail . . . Bring a pile of your papers and learn how to sort, toss, and create homes for your papers so that you can find any piece of paper within a few seconds. Learn to eliminate paper piles and prevent their return!
Help! I Can’t Get My Car in the GarageIs your garage the “proverbial dumping ground” of your home? Do you often have to dig through piles of junk in order to find the one thing you really need? Are you tired of loosing things in your garage or embarrassed to open your garage door? If this describes your garage, this workshop is for you!
Let Professional Organizer, Cherry Patterson, help you:
• Make decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of in your garage
• Develop organizational systems that you will be able to maintain
• Clear the floor of your garage so that your car(s) can be parked inside
Bring pictures of your garage and we will discuss problems and possibilities.
Organizing Kids’ Rooms & “Stuff”Are you children’s rooms buried in “stuff” – toys everywhere and closets & drawers “bulging at the seams?" Do your children often complain that they can’t find their homework or their school supplies? Join Professional Organizer Cherry Patterson as she shares some hands-on solutions for organizing your kids’ rooms.
• Make decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of
• Develop systems that your child/ren will be able to maintain
• Set up activity zones in your kids’ rooms
• Help your children keep up with school books and homework
• Develop fun and creative chore charts
Bring pictures of one of your children’s bedrooms and we will discuss problems and possibilities.
Filing Made Simple: Implementing the Freedom Filer® SystemDo you dread filing? Is your ‘To File’ folder bursting at the seams? Are you afraid to file that important paper for fear you may never find it again? “The FreedomFiler® is the only self-purging filing system available today. Once you begin using FreedomFiler®, you will never again have to take time out of your life for cleaning out or reorganizing files!” Come to this workshop and learn how to implement this easy and efficient filing system.
Reap the following benefits by using the Freedom Filer® System:
• “Have all of your documents immediately available at tax time!”
• “Finish routine filing in five seconds or less!”
• “Never have to decide when to throw away old papers!”
• “Start filing with easy picture guides & color labels chosen by organizing pros!”
Order, Order In Your Life! (Organizing Your Life with a Planner)Do you have Post-it®s displayed all around your work area as “visual” reminders? Do you need a place to consistently record your schedule, notes, contacts, etc.? This workshop will help you set up an individualized planner customized to the way you work. We will discuss many different forms that you can use and reuse to help you create more time for the things you love to do. Whether you need to set up a planner "from scratch” or adapt the one you are already using, this workshop can help you put some more order in your life.
Girls’ Night-Out Organizing Workshop
FOR BUSY GALS LOOKING FOR A FUN, RELAXED, AND
EDUCATIONAL GET-TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS!
• These affordable workshops can be presented in your home or at a favorite gathering place.
• As the hostess, you invite the gals, provide some refreshments, and sit back for a casual, unique learning experience.
• Cherry will share her favorite organizing techniques, tips, and products geared toward your group of friends.
Motivating Your Children Through Delight and Discipline
Effective parenting balances delight with discipline . . . a child needs both loving acceptance and wise, consistent training to prepare for a responsible, stable, and fulfilling adult life.
This workshop suggests many creative ways to delight in your children: spiritual and character development, family relationships, making memories, planning for chores, serving others, special times together, etc.
Discipline is teaching your children right from wrong and helping them learn to consistently choose what’s right.
This workshop will help you:
1. Build a parenting plan based on your personal convictions,
2. Quickly recognize and appropriately respond when your child needs guidance or discipline,
3. Develop critical skills for consistency in parenting.
Our topics and discussions focus on developing character, founded on basic life principles, in your children, while working within the bounds of your own personal style and preferences.
(Sections of the workshop are taken from Responsibility of Christian Parenthood, by Pastor Dennis and Jean Biddison, Fellowship Bible Church, New Braunfels, TX.)
|Call today to book your OPT workshop! 803.202.0204 - or - 830.624.6384 - or - submit a contact request here.|